With the roof construction underway, studio time has been scarce. This offered me the perfect chance to finish up the Saskia Project, though, because I'd already assembled Saskia and taken a few pictures of her before the storm hit. All I had left to do was snap a few photos outside in the sun--no studio necessary. This should have been an easy thing to do, but there was one small problem: as much as I love this doll and as cute as she is in real life, she's not at all photogenic...especially outside. I suspect this is mostly because I made her way too shiny with all of those layers of sealant. I'm also not accustomed to photographing baby dolls. They don't stand up on their own!
Anyway, in today's post I'll show you how I assembled Saskia and then share a collection of pictures that I took of her after she was finished. To put these pictures in some perspective, I took over 500 snapshots of this doll...and only about 50 of them turned out. Here's one of those 50:
|"Saskia" reborn kit doll by Bonnie Brown (completed).|